Thursday, July 7, 2022

Mindy Kim and the Lunar New Year Parade

Mindy Kim and the Lunar New Year Parade | Written by Lyla Lee & Illustrated by Dung Ho | Published by Aladdin (An imprint of Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing Division) 2020

I came across Mindy Kim and the Lunar New Year Parade when I was looking for a contemporary kid's book about Korean Lunar New Year. It was hard to find! Unfortunately, this book was on a waiting list. But thankfully, I found a poem called New Year Cheer by Linda Sue Park to share with students instead.

This is book 2 in the Mindy Kim chapter book series, and I thoroughly enjoyed getting to know Mindy. I was curious about how Korean Lunar New Year's Day would be presented so that's why I read book 2 first. I just checked out the first book: Mindy Kim and the Yummy Seaweed Business! Can't wait!